5 Reasons to Adopt a Senior Pet
It’s natural for us to gravitate towards the youngsters when choosing a new pet. But did you know that senior pets have a harder time finding caretakers, even when they have just as much to offer?
That’s why November is National Adopt a Senior Pet Month, a month devoted to adopting, caring and loving senior pets. Petfinder.com and ASPCA founded the cause as a way to combat the negative perception around senior pets being “poor quality” animals.
Reasons to adopt a senior pet:
- They are often already trained. No wee wee pads required!
- They are usually less excitable. This can be a good thing if you live a calmer lifestyle.
- You’ll save a life. Most shelter animals end up getting put to sleep if they don’t find a home.
- They are grateful and less demanding.
- They give constant companionship, showering you with appreciation and love!
Interested in adopting a senior pet? Take a look on Petfinder.com to find your next furry companion and pledge to help senior pets find a well-deserved home.
Veterinary Emergency & Referral Group (VERG) was formed in 2005 by Dr. Brett Levitzke to provide emergency services and specialty medicine to the Brooklyn community. Open 24-hours, seven-days-a-week, VERG’s team of emergency doctors, specialty doctors, technicians and assistants are dedicated to providing the highest quality of care within a nurturing environment. Their services include, cardiology, critical care, dermatology, emergency care, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, radiology and more. VERG can be reached at 718.522.9400 and is located at 196 4th Ave. Brooklyn, NY 11207.